One of the most commonly filed insurance claims is regarding water damages. It is the most recurring damages and is thus filed the maximum number of times as compared to other natural or man-made accidents.
There are numerous reasons that cause water damages and mishaps. The most common ones are:-
- Heavy Rains
- Heavy Snow
- Leakages in Pipes
- Leaky Roofs
- Leaky Water Appliances like washing machine and dishwashers
- Clogged Toilets
- Cracks in the Foundation
- Sudden Overflow, etc.
Water damage not only leads to a wastage of water but even tends to create havoc in the homes. From ruining the furniture, appliances, carpets, rugs, and even the paints or wallpapers of the house, excessive water flow can even spoil your electricity fittings, wirings, installations, plumbing, etc. Even a single overflow of water can cause humongous damages that might take long enough to get back on track.
Thus, in order to cover the losses incurred due to various causes of water damages, insurance companies offer home insurance policies to cover the same. Such policies often cover the damages caused due to weather, faulty water-centric machines, accidental discharge from broken pipes, etc.
In order to file a claim you just need to follow a simple claim process to recover the damages. The prominent steps include:-
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible and file for a claim. The moment you file your claim, your proceedings of damage recovery will begin.
- Next, you will be required to meet the adjuster who will inspect the claimed damages and will even personally pay a visit to crosscheck the given evidence.
- Once the adjuster makes assessments about the damages, he will then analyze the inferences, define the settlement amount, and will provide his verdict.
- Next, the verdict will be conveyed. If desired, you can even make some negotiations in the verdict and proceed ahead.
- Once all the negotiations get concluded, the assured sum will be transferred to your account within a few days.
Helpful Water Damage Insurance Claim Tips
Take the help of the following tips to maximize your chances for approval claimed against the water damages:-
- Preventive Measures: Make sure to adopt all the necessary preventive measures for dealing with unexpected water damages. Take care of the routine wear and tear and keep a thorough check on repairs and maintenance. Also, keep a record of the same as insurance companies often crosscheck the same in case of a claim.
- Mitigate Additional Damages: You must take further actions to stop any additional damages. Insurances companies will not approve your claim if they find out that any further steps were neglected to be taken.
- Collect Evidence: Preparing evidence by clicking pictures and by making videos of the damages can prove to be of great help. At the time of the claim settlement, it will work for your favor and will even assist in the claim approval.
- Report Swiftly: Delaying the process of filing the claim and reporting the damages can cost you a fortune. Thus, as soon as the damages occur, report, and file the claim.
- Take Assistance From A Public Claims Adjuster: Instead of relying on the adjuster sent by the insurance company, you can take assistance from your own public adjuster. He can guide you in the right direction and even help in attaining the apt settlement amount.
- Draft Estimations: For your ease, you should make your own estimations as well. By consulting professional contractors, plumbers, or anyone from the related field, try getting an estimate about the cost of repairs and the amount of settlement.
- Take Benefit Of the Coverage: The insurance policy often offers coverage of various expenses like you living elsewhere till the conclusion of repairs, cost of meals, etc. So, never forget to take advantage of the offered coverage.
- Disposing Damaged Items: Disposing of the damaged items before the insurance inspection would be a huge mistake. Insurance companies need to collect evidence of the damages and such items help in proving so. Thus, dispose of these items only when the insurance company approves of the same in writing.
Hence, these were some of the tips that can help you settle the water damage claim smoothly and assist you to recover an appropriate settlement amount.
If you are unable to recover an apt claim amount and need help from professionals, consult ClaimsPro USA. The certified public adjusters of the firm will help you earn the apt settlement amount in the most proficient manner.
So, take help from the best professionals in Florida and contact ClaimsPro USA soon.